VIDA is excited to share one extraordinary feature that sets the charming, modern residential development apart from other communities in the area—our cutting-edge 10G internet infrastructure. In this blog, we will delve into the significance of being the first, and to date the only, 10G community in San Antonio and provide you with a brief overview of other notable internet providers in the area for comparison.
You may be thinking, “10G? But I thought we just got 5G networks recently?” The confusion is understandable, but the term 5G (like 4G and 3G before it) has nothing to do with the 10G internet discussed here. 5G refers to the fifth generation of cellular network technology, e.g., the mobile data towers your phone uses to make calls and texts or to get online when there’s no Wi-Fi.
The term 10G internet, on the other hand, refers to the speed potential of a (non-wireless) data network. 10G is a collaborative initiative between cable internet providers and industry organizations to create a cable internet network standard that can support 10 gigabits per second (e.g., 10,000Mbps) download speeds. Per these 10G standards, true 10G networks also feature 6 gigs (6,000Mbps) upload capabilities. This is a cutting edge, emergent technology in 2023, and, in San Antonio, VIDA is currently the only community where you can access these 10G speeds.
Comparing San Antonio Internet Providers
All major U.S. cities now have multiple options for high speed internet. San Antonio is no exception, with several providers offering services. Before we dive into the exceptional internet speeds VIDA offers and what they mean in practical terms for you and your family, let’s look at the top internet providers in San Antonio for comparison. The following are some of the most prominent providers serving other parts of the city:
- Google Fiber – “Gfiber” offers high-speed fiber optic internet service supported by one of the world’s most ubiquitous tech companies. Since its launch, Gfiber has been a popular choice for residents in various parts of San Antonio, thanks to reliable download speeds of up to 2Gbps and uploads at 1Gbps. That’s a perfectly usable connection for some users, but it’s a far cry from 10G.
- AT&T – The longstanding telecom giant offers DSL and fiber optic internet services in San Antonio. AT&T’s website proclaims them the “fastest residential internet of any major internet service provider,” but their offerings in the city currently max out at 5Gbps, half the speed of VIDA’s trailblazing 10G.
- Spectrum – This television and phone provider can also deliver high-quality internet through the same cable connection throughout much of the San Antonio area. Spectrum (formerly known as Charter) offers packages with varying speeds to fit your needs and budget.
- T-Mobile – Another major telecommunications player active in the area, T-Mobile’s data speeds and prices are comparable to the major competitors but currently well short of 10G.
10G Internet Speeds at VIDA: Unleashing the Power of Connectivity
From the numbers, we’ve looked at how VIDA’s 10G network regularly outperforms competitors’ best offerings by 2x or better, but what does that mean in real-world terms? Let’s zoom into why this data network makes VIDA truly exceptional and explore what this ultra-fast internet connectivity means for you:
- Lightning-Fast Downloads: With 10G internet speeds, downloading files from any source becomes a breeze. Whether you’re a remote worker who needs to download project files, or a gaming enthusiast scooping up the latest mods from your friends in the community, you will experience near-instantaneous transfer speeds, even for large files like movie clips, offline application installers, and whole podcast episodes.
- Stress-Free Uploads: A 10G network also offers upload speeds of 6Gbps. To put that in context, that outperforms most local competitors’ download speeds! In video and audio, programming, research, or other data-intensive fields, VIDA’s 10G network will allow you to share or send even your largest projects without wasting half of the workday staring at a file transfer progress bar.
- Buffer-Free Streaming: Say goodbye to buffering and lag while streaming your favorite movies, TV shows, live sports events, and multiplayer games. With 10G internet, you can enjoy ultra-high-definition streaming without interruptions, ensuring a seamless entertainment experience even when multiple people throughout your house are streaming across multiple different sources and devices.
- Crisp Video Conferencing: In an era where remote work and virtual meetings are the norm, having a reliable and fast internet connection has become a key part of maintaining your professional reputation. 10G internet allows for crystal-clear video conferencing, ensuring you’re not left behind the group during important business meetings or virtual conference events.
- Smart Home Capabilities: With smart home technology like doorbell cameras, virtual assistant speakers, and network-connected thermostats becoming more common, a robust internet connection has become essential for your home and the folks inside it. The 10G infrastructure at VIDA enables you to keep multiple devices connected simultaneously without compromising performance. With 10G, your smart appliances, security systems, automated pet feeders, HVAC systems, lighting rigs, and other connected devices will be more reliable than ever.
- Future-Proof Your Tech: VIDA’s 10G internet speeds aren’t just awesome today. They also demonstrate the community’s resident-focused, forward-thinking approach. As technology continues to advance, having a future-proof network infrastructure ensures that you’ll have stable, usable internet for many years into the future as one of our neighbors at VIDA.
Live VIDA, Online and Off
How is it that among these big-name internet providers, San Antonio’s fastest speeds can only be found in this specific Southside development? It’s just one part of VIDA’s commitment to putting the experiences of residents at the forefront of every development decision we make.
VIDA is able to offer residents the only 10G speeds in the city because it uses a private network. This additionally allows us to maintain control of our pricing and offer the best rates in town. Internet plans at VIDA start at only $40 monthly (for 1G upload and download speeds). Our private residential 10G network offers other industry leading features, as well, such as solar integration so that your network connection stays up even if the power goes out.
VIDA provides its residents with the finest amenities, modern conveniences, and end-to-end community support. Its 10G high speed internet in San Antonio is only one great example of this. To learn more about the community and available units, we invite you to continue exploring our website and discover the unique lifestyle that VIDA has to offer. Whether you’re completing multiple remote jobs, a full-time videogame streamer, or someone looking to design the smartest smart home around, VIDA’s 10G internet ensures a level of connectivity that any other community cannot rival in San Antonio. And when it’s time to log off, the Southside also has a wealth of great things to do out in the real world, from natural spaces to great nightlife and shopping.